Sunday, January 1, 2012

Baltimore's Patrick Martin

Subject: What up brosef?
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:27:34 -0800
From: Ben Hubbird
To: [My buddy Patrick, who I met on the Warped Tour in 2005 when we were both running sponsor tents. He lives in Baltimore. Haven't seen him since 2006 or 2007 when he was in town doing merch on the Taste of Chaos Tour and we went out to the strip clubs. He has a "bad tattoo leg" and the audacity to call himself "Baltimore's Patrick Martin" or BPM for short. I love this dude, and it's a tragedy we haven't stayed in touch better.]

Hey Patrick,

Been a long time! I'll start with full disclosure - I'm writing you
because of an "art" project I'm doing for a thing called Fun-A-Day
where you make something every day for the month of January (check out
more info at artclash.com). I decided I wanted to make a connection
with someone I hadn't talked to in a while.

So how are you? I'm trying to remember when I saw you last -- 2006?
2007? So since then I quit my politics work and got a job at CD Baby,
where I work now. Played in a couple of bands, nothing real huge, but
lots of fun. Meant to check out Oranges Band last time you were in
town, but I had a show the same night. Bummer.

You'll be pleased to know that I thought fondly of you recently when I
went to Union Jack's with a client (you know you've made it when you
can get paid to go to strip clubs and keep your clothes on) and
remembered you walking out of the back room just beaming and announced
"best lap dance, ever"

I still tell the story about the "signing" we had for the legendary
skater Baltimore's Patrick Martin. You signed a baby and a boob.

So how are you? What are you up to? Still living the dream?

Anyways, cheers. Happy new year.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment